I thought I'd return to my blog with a fun, light-hearted post. I don't think I have a lot of interesting factoids, but here are a few I came up with.
1. I grew up on a family fruit farm.
2. I am very organized. My drawers are stacked and organized in a certain way, my closet is organized by rainbow-order, and every food cupboard is organized by category and things must be facing forward. I don't care if your house is messy or cluttered,that doesn't bother me, but if mine is I can't focus on anything until it is fixed.
3. My current A1c is 5.7. I am due for another check soon.
4. I am sensitive to loud noise- kids screaming, loud vacuums, blow dryers, loud tv volumes, etc. I buy appliances that are "quiet" models.
5. I come from a very large extended family.
6. I've used anti-wrinkle creams since I was 23 years old (I'm in my 30s now!). I am grateful to the department store woman who told me to start back then.
7. I have debilitating social anxiety.
8. My goal is to move to a warm climate while I am still young. I HATE snow and cold weather.
9. I've never weighed 130 lbs and I've never really "dieted." I have always followed the rule of moderation. I eat what I want, just not too much. I believe in eating something until you have reached the point of diminishing returns- when the next bite doesn't taste as good as the first- stop eating it, you are probably no longer hungry and are continuing to eat the food for the wrong reason (boredom, camaraderie because everyone else continues to nibble, it was expensive/not too much left/don't want to waste it, etc.)
10. I am very frugal with my money, but I am not cheap. Here's how I define it. Frugal means it only affects you (cutting back on purchases, writing out a monthly budget and following it, meal planning to avoid impulse food shopping, waiting to purchase something until you get a rock bottom price, buying most things 2nd hand, not wasting, etc.). Cheap is when it affects others (not tipping well, re gifting, etc.)
I'm in the process of drafting my next post, "A Day in the Life." It will take you through an average day with me! See you soon x0x0
- I'm a glass-half-full type of girl. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, grave's disease and celiac disease in 2010 and life-altering allergies in 2013. I believe having a positive attitude is the only way to live with dis-ease. I also believe that life doesn't have to be PERFECT for it to be WONDERFUL. Dis-ease is expensive, so I live a frugal yet healthy lifestyle. This is just my blog; my day-to-day story.